Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Inaugural Avengers Superhero Half Marathon




On March 25, at 10:08 MST, I signed up my family and I to get in on the first ever Avengers Superhero Half Marathon Weekend. Were you lucky enough to get a bib?  The race sold out in about two and a half hours! 
I am sad for those who didn't get a place in the race, but super excited to do this with my hubby! 

So far since our magical finish of the Tinkerbell Half in January, we have been lucky enough to keep on the training road and not much has gotten in our way! We ran our first 10k together, knowing that we could use the time to secure a better corral for the Avengers Half.  


I finished at about 11:50/mile and D finished at 10:50/mile. A nice decrease from our Tinkerbell race.  That would have us finishing at 2:30:00 round abouts so that is what I signed us up for. We have until about August to do better and get the new times to runDisney. 

Of course our brains are already rolling with thoughts of what to dress up as, and we have lots of time. I also have learned from the last time, so I'm glad the ideas are flowing to readily now. That'll come in handy. 

I want to do my best to document the training a lot better. It'll be good for me and hopefully encouraging to anyone reading. 




No comments:

Post a Comment