Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Fever!!

Sprin i i the  air

I love it when the chill in the air finally turns slightly warmer and the temperature finally hits and stays in the 60s! Ahhh.... Windows down, music up, I love this weather! 
I have yet to get outside to run, but it is certainly easier to want to go to the gym when the weather is nice.  
Over the weekend we got quite a bit of spring cleaning out of the way! It was nice to organize and get somethings out of the way. We organized under the kitchen sink, organized the hall closet and got the winter coats out of the way, put new shoe racks in D's and the hall closet, bought and built a new bookshelf for Gianna's room, cleaned both kids' rooms.... We got a lot done! And that carried over to work on Monday where I cleaned and organized my office a bit. 

I have been looking at new training schedules for running. I downloaded a timer app to keep me to my intervals and try to really decrease my minutes per mile. My lastest time is 11:20/mile on 3 miles. And then 11:50/mile on 4.6 miles. I found that the timer app helps me focus on the time, and I can tell myself "just a little bit more"... whereas by myself, I was more prone to quitting when I got just a little too winded. The app is called "IntervalTimer" and its free on iTunes. Its very basic and you can create your own intervals. I'm currently doing 3:2, and I hope to get up to 5:2 soon. 

I have been looking to get another pair of Brooks running shoes. I currently run in the PureConnect 2's. While in St. George a few weeks ago, I went into the St. George Running Center to look into some new ones. They have come out with the 3's but they didn't have my size. I really love this running store. I am always so impressed with the staff and their knowledge. Ever since D and I were properly fit for running shoes, I always tell people to go get fitted at a running store! 
So I've been keeping an eye online for sales, and I noticed that Brooks was selling the PureConnect 2's for $49!! Hot Stuff! I'm sold. I LOVE these shoes!! 






These are what I currently have! 
I still have quite a few miles left in these! 

And These are what I just bought! I'm so excited... they'll be here Friday- just in time for my Saturday run!! 







The sun is shining, and the birds and flowers are everywhere! We have plans to be outside more. Our lovely Mayan hammock has made its entrance, and the sandbox is refilled, and we bought a new swing for the tree. I LOVE outdoor weather. And I can't wait to take my runs outside again.

We are planning our 11 year anniversary. We hope to go to Zion National Park, where we were married, and do a hike or run through it. It should be great weather in Southern Utah to do that! 

What do you have planned to celebrate Spring? 



2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the app suggestion, I think I'll have to try that out! Those shoes look super cute, glad you got a good deal! You have been running a lot so I'm sure you're about ready for new ones. :) I love spring so much too! Though I did go running during the middle of the day yesterday and I felt like I was going to die! It's a lot harder for me to run in the heat. I was almost half a minute slower per mile too. Of course that could also have to do with running a half marathon this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't love running in high heat, but I feel my prime at 50-70 degrees. :-)
    These Brooks say they can get 250-300 miles, and I'm at about 200. So it's time to switch it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete